The first half-hour session with me is free and no-obligation. I expect any prospective student to ask some questions and see what I’m like in person before making any decision. All of my lessons are “open door” and I encourage parents, grandparents, and/or siblings to sit in on any lesson and see the progress the student is making. I have a list of references available on request.
Make sure you have these items to be prepared for your first lesson:
– If you have a smartphone, tablet, or laptop, the Guitar Pro app is required (click on links to add it to your device):
PC/Mac version for laptop.
– I prefer to send lesson notes via email. Students who do not have access to email must bring a three ring-binder to every lesson.
– If you don’t have a smartphone, tablet, or laptop, you will need a guitar or bass method book. Groups of two students must use the same guitar or bass method.
– A guitar tuner (I suggest the Korg GA-1 or Guitar Tuna – a free tuner for guitar).
– If you don’t have a smartphone, tablet, or laptop, you will need to purchase a metronome to help develop rhythm (I suggest the Korg MA-1).
– Acoustic guitar students will want to purchase a capo.
Click HERE for some tips on downloading Guitar Pro files to your device at home.
List of iOS apps I use in lessons (optional):
Dropbox – store Guitar Pro files, chord/lyric .txt files, leadsheets, and PDFs.
MetroTimer – free metronome with a handy tap tempo function.
Drum Beats+ – sampled drum beats for practicing/songwriting.
Please contact me if you have any questions.